KAGGWA & KAGGWA ADVOCATES PARTNERS WITH INNOLEAD CONSULTING TO BOOST PROJECTS, MINING & CONSTRUCTION PRACTICEKaggwa & Kaggwa Advocates
Effective May 2019 Kaggwa & Kaggwa Advocates entered into a Strategic Partnership with one of southern Africa’s leading Management Consulting firm – InnoLead Consulting. The strategic partnership will enable Kaggwa & Kaggwa Advocates to boost their practice in their core areas such as Construction Law, Arbitration, Mining, and Projects. InnoLead Consulting has vast experience in working with the mining and construction industry.
Mr. John K. Kaggwa, the Managing Partner said, “We are proud to have a Partnership with InnoLead Consulting, we shall together execute our client-focused strategy in providing high-quality legal services in Advisory in our specialized areas of Construction Law and Arbitration. We continue to build on our trusted relationships with strategic partners like InnoLead to provide high-quality legal services to our clients in Africa and beyond.”
About InnoLead Consulting
InnoLead Consulting is a trailblazing consultancy firm based in Botswana with a core purpose of helping African corporations to execute primarily in areas of strategy, project management, performance management, and training. The firm offers strategic advisory, reengineering, and restructuring services always with a focus on measurable outcomes. InnoLead Consulting provides Consultancy for DEBSWANA Mines which is a Joint Venture (JV) between the government of Botswana and DeBeers which is the largest producer of Diamonds in the world.
InnoLead Consulting through i-Lead concept allows African professionals to grow into mature and reliable consultants in their area of expertise as core staff and associates.
About Kaggwa & Kaggwa Advocates
Kaggwa & Kaggwa Advocates is a specialist commercial law firm in Uganda focusing on construction law, arbitration and commercial litigation. We have excelled in our niche areas for over two decades and we continue to grow and be the firm of choice in those practice areas.
Over the years, the firm has worked with the International firm of Clifford Chance in successfully representing Amnesty International against a multimillion-dollar lawsuit and has acted for both local and international corporations from China, Italy, Turkey, South Africa, Zambia, and the United Kingdom to build their businesses.
With over 21 years’ experience and having achieved tremendous success for our clients having won over 200 commercial disputes, we are now a specialist firm in Construction Law, Arbitration and Commercial Litigation. We have successfully represented clients in groundbreaking cases in the financial services sector that we are the firm of choice in banking and insurance litigation.
The firm is a member of the NextLaw Referral Network, the largest legal referral network in the world, with more than 650 member firms, 30,000 lawyers covering 200+ countries.
About John Kizito Kaggwa
John K Kaggwa is currently the Managing Partner of the firm. He has over 28 years of experience as an Advocate of the High Court of Uganda. John is also highly experienced as a Transactional Advisory Lawyer and is currently specialized in representing Multi-national companies engaged in the fields of Infrastructure & PPP, Mining and Manufacturing. He has extensively negotiated exploration licenses, mining leases, Concession Agreements, Supply and off-take contracts, tolling agreements, interface agreements and construction contracts. He has:-
- Advised in the merger that formed the first mobile services provider in Uganda and also further advised it on the acquisition of assets and construction of the first base stations in Uganda.
- Advised a construction company on Legal & Procurement Compliance requirements for the road sector in Uganda which enabled it to secure a contract to build a road in a project worth USD 137m.
- Advised a leading mining company in Africa established in the United Kingdom on Gold mining investments worth USD 7 Million
- Acted as lead legal advisor of a consortium of construction companies; consultancy companies and the government of DRC in structuring finance for the construction of an airport in DRC in 2008
- Advised a leading mining company on the buy-out of a license for Chromite in a transaction worth USD 350,000.
- Advised a multi-faceted pan- African company operating in DRC, South Africa, Zambia, and Uganda, on various Investment opportunities in finance, energy, transport, and logistics in Uganda.
- Conducted due diligence and provided legal and regulatory advisory to a client in setting up an ethanol plant in Uganda and further negotiated financing worth USD 23 Million from the African Development Bank(ADB) on behalf of the same client.
- Advised an energy solutions corporation, based in South Africa, on an infrastructure project valued at USD 1.5 Billion.
- Advised a Hong Kong-based drilling company on a contract with CNOOC to construct campsites worth USD 5 Million.
- Advised a South Korean corporation on a construction project of an Airport in Uganda with a project value of Euros 4.2 Million.
- Advised a South Korean corporation on various infrastructure projects in Rwanda
For more details, you can get in touch with our Managing Partner on [email protected] or +256 750 775588